CIUSSS West-Central Montreal’s respiratory virus vaccination campaign launches on October 10. The influenza vaccine will be administered at the same time as the new COVID-19 vaccine, with or without an appointment, Monday through Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at:
- Point de service local Montréal (Côte Saint-Luc) *, 6900 Décarie Blvd.
- Point de service local Montréal (Parc-Extension) **, 7101 Parc Ave.
Please note that appointments are encouraged and can be booked right away at clicsante.ca. Don't forget to bring your health insurance card or another piece of identification on the day of your appointment.
The Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (MSSS) recommends getting vaccinated to reduce the risk of complications, hospitalization and possibly even death from influenza or COVID-19.
Vaccination against respiratory viruses is free for anyone six months and older. It is strongly recommended for those who are:
- At risk for complications
- 75 years old and older
- Have chronic illnesses
- Pregnant in the second or third trimester
- Residents of any age in a long-term care centre or intermediate resource facility
- Likely to transmit the virus to those at risk
- Healthcare workers
- Living in the same household as at-risk people or their caregivers
- Living in remote or isolated communities
* Formerly known as the Décarie Square Vaccination Centre
** Formerly known as the Parc-Extension Vaccination Centre